Plan your visit
Your visit during Covid-19
To make a visit to Koldinghus safe and enjoyable for everyone, we have introduced a number of special measures for you and the museum staff. Naturally, we follow the health authorities’ guidelines and recommendations with regard to Covid-19.
- A limit of 25 persons max. (incl. guide) for pre-booked guided tours
- The Royal Dress-Up Workshop and other sections where you can touch items and exhibits are temporarily closed
- Traffic light regulation in the Giants’ Tower to avoid having visitors pass each other on the narrow stairs
- Extra cleaning and additional staff in public areas
- We have posted visible information about guidelines for physical distancing, hand hygiene and other measures
- Physical distance markings at the ticket counter and in the museum shop
- Hand sanitiser next to entrances and in other key locations around the museum
- Acrylic-sheet partitions at the ticket counter and in the shop
- A limit on the number of visitors in the museum overall and in individual rooms
The guidelines for staff and visitors are continuously updated in accordance with health authority recommendations. Let’s all keep each other safe – so please comply with health authority guidelines and postpone your visit if you have symptoms of Covid-19. Read more at en.coronasmitte.dk
Every day 10.00–17.00 (ticket sale ends 30 minutes before closing time.)
- 24, 25 and 31 December
- 1 January
|Groups (10 persons or more):||DKK 95 per person|
|Children and youth under 18 years of age:||free admission|
|Guided tour:||DKK 900|
Whether it is a memento or the perfect gift, we have a large and varied selection of classic souvenirs, Danish design and unique products, inspired by current exhibitions and collections. The selection ranges from books, i.a. our own series about Danish kings, textiles, jewelery, arts and crafts, local products for classic souvenirs such as key rings, magnets and Christmas decorations.
If you have a club card for Kongernes Samling, you get 10% on the entire range in the store.
You can visit the museum shop without buying a ticket to Koldinghus.
Visitors who use a wheelchair or have a mobility impairment will be provided with the telephone number for the service staff at the ticket counter.
Guide for visitors with a mobility impairment
A. Gate, ticket counter. Contact the staff at the ticket counter to gain direct access to the castle courtyard. The museum has two wheelchairs available for loan.
B. Main entrance for wheelchairs is through Frederik IV’s Hall (no. 34). There is passage through the south wing to a lift in the east wing.
C. Lift. Access to all floors in the south wing.
D. Access to the north wing through the Administration section, using a movable ramp with assistance from our staff.
E. Passage from the Ballroom (no. 9) the Great Hall (no. 10), using a movable ramp with assistance from our staff. To enter the Great Hall, please contact our staff.
F. Access to the ground floor of the north wing.
G. Accessible toilet.
H. Wheelchair lift for access to the Madkælderen restaurant.
NB! Unfortunately, because there is no lift, there is no wheelchair access to the rooms in the tower or to the top of the Giants’ Tower (nos. 11–15).
Getting here and parking
Koldinghus is located a five-minute walk from Kolding Railway Station, Bus Station and City Bus Terminal.
Museum visitors can park in and just outside the Stable Yard.
The car park is owned and operated by the Danish Agency of Culture and Palaces, which charges a fee for parking. PARKING FEE: DKK 11 PER HOUR.
Payment options for parking
- Use a payment card in the automatic card reader
- Download the APCOA FLOW app: For Android | For Apple
- Download the EasyPark app (DKK 15 per hour): For Android | For Apple
Four parking spots inside the Stable Yard are reserved for visitors with disabilities. Please note that the standard parking fee applies to these spots.
There are three free parking spots for coaches/buses in the car park just outside the Stable Yard. There is additional coach/bus parking on Ejlersvej.
- You can always terminate your parking before it expires, so we recommend that you reserve a little longer than you think you will need.
- You can drive all the way up to the castle gate to drop passengers off before continuing down to the Stable Yard to park.
- Click here to find parking in the city
Find your way around the museum
For safety reasons, it is only allowed to carry a small bag into the castle (max. size is D: 21 W: 29 H: 21). Larger bags must be stored in a luggage box (refundable deposit DKK 10/1 euro/1 token).). There’s no space for suitcases. Please note that luggage must be picked up before closing time.
You are not allowed to bring food and drink into the museum; water excepted. You can eat in the MADKÆLDEREN restaurant at Koldinghus.
Private photography with/without a flash using a standard camera, mobile phone or video camera will normally be allowed throughout the museum. Tripods/camera stands are not allowed.
Prams and pushchairs
Prams and pushchairs are allowed in the museum.
Guide dogs are the only animals allowed at the museum; no pets.