Electric bell push in the shape of an elephant made of obsidian with rose-cut diamonds as eyes.
Carved stone animals were among Fabergé’s specialties, and the company produced many items with elephants. This one stands on a cover of enamelled gold, laid over a bowenite plinth on four gilt legs.
It was bought by Maria Feodorovna in 1898 and probably given to her father Christian IX.
Diamond studded brooch in the shape of the Russian imperial crown, produced in eighteen examples on the occasion of Nicholas II’s coronation in St. Petersburg, 1896. Given to all the then Grand Duchesses of Russia, including Grand Duchess Anastasia, who handed this brooch down to her daughter, Queen Alexandrine. Only two other coronation brooches are known to exist today. The brooch was left to The Danish Royal Collection by Queen Alexandrine’s grandchild, Princess Elisabeth (1935-2018).
Bonbonnière (container for bonbons) of golden quartz in the shape of a slice of lemon. Mounted in gold with small rose-cut diamonds. A beautiful example of Faberge’s so-called objets de fantaisie, which play with the viewer’s perception. The workmanship is so accomplished that it almost makes the hard stone seem juicy.
Gold bracelet with oval photographs of Grand Duke Alexander (III) and Princess Dagmar, made by Samuel Arndt in St. Petersburg in 1866. The portraits have oval lids with locks, with the letters D and A written with diamonds. A small imperial crown and a flower are placed between the photographs, which are flanked by stars formed of diamonds and rubies. Present to Princess Thyra from the heirs to the throne on the occasion of their wedding, 9 November 1866.