Diamond studded brooch in the shape of the Russian imperial crown, produced in eighteen examples on the occasion of Nicholas II’s coronation in St. Petersburg, 1896.
Given to all the then Grand Duchesses of Russia, including Grand Duchess Anastasia, who handed this brooch down to her daughter, Queen Alexandrine. Only two other coronation brooches are known to exist today.
The brooch was left to The Danish Royal Collection by Queen Alexandrine’s grandchild, Princess Elisabeth (1935-2018).
Table lighter made of bowenite in the shape of an oblong egg. The lower part of the egg is set in a small gold stand, where an encircling ring, diamond-studded ribbons and four garlands meet in a square gold mountings, each with a ruby. The egg stands on four cast deer hooves — a playful thought which is typical of Fabergé.
Electric bell push in the shape of an elephant made of obsidian with rose-cut diamonds as eyes. Carved stone animals were among Fabergé’s specialties, and the company produced many items with elephants. This one stands on a cover of enamelled gold, laid over a bowenite plinth on four gilt legs. It was bought by Maria Feodorovna in 1898 and probably given to her father Christian IX.
Present from the Russian Imperial Couple Alexander III and Maria Feodorovna on the occasion of Christian IX and Queen Louise’s golden wedding anniversary in 1892. The silver gilt champagne cooler unites the Russian and the Danish, since it is shaped like a kovsh (a traditional Russian drinking bowl/ladle) while the elephant with an enamel tower and caparison indicates The Order of the Elephant. Decorated at the front with cast coats of arms of Denmark and Hesse, and on the side “C IX L” as well as “26 May 1842/1892” with rich decoration in the Rococo style. It is one of Faberge’s largest and most spectacular items of silverware.