7 The Stone Corridor
ROOM 7: The long passage connecting the two large gable rooms on the ground floor, was originally divided in two. It can be seen that the stucco of the ceiling is different at the two ends of the passage; at the northern end it dates from the time of Christian IV.
When the stair turret was built at the middle of the eastern side of the palace in 1633, a spiral staircase was built leading from the first floor to the second floor, whereas the ground floor of the stair turret was used as a silver room with access from the Stone Passage. In 1758 the spiral staircase was extended to the ground floor.
Most of the items on display in the passage date from the time of Christian IV. However, there are several important exceptions, especially some connected to Frederik III and the introdution of the absolute monarchy, and to Christian V.