14 Frederik V’s Cabinet
ROOM 14: This is the first of the rooms occupied by Frederik IV’s brother, Prince Carl. With Christian VII’s Room and Frederik VI’s Room, it was designed in 1782-1784 by Johannes Wiedewelt. The walls are decorated with tapestries from Charles le Vigne’s factory in Berlin, representing garden scenes. The tapestries were made around 1750.
The settee and the two armchairs presumably originate from Fredensborg Palace, while the chest of drawers, in rosewood veneer, was possibly made at the studio of C.F. Lehmann. The amber chandelier was made by Lorenz Spengler from a design by Marcus Tuscher. The main part of the porcelain collection originates from Christiansborg Palace, where it was rescued from the fire of 1794.
Most of the exhibits in this room date from the second half of the 18th century, and are mainly associated with Frederik V and his Queens, Louise and Juliane Marie, and their children, Christian VII and Prince Frederik, the Heir Presumptive.